Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Life at the MTC

Entering the MTC with Gia, Claire, Aunt Wendy and Uncle Jared
Aloha Family!
I absolutly love it here at the MTC!  I've had the best time so far and the days just fly by!  My companion's name is Elder Mortensen and he's from Kaysville, UT.  He is awesome!  We get along very well and we have had some awesome experiences.  My district is sooo bomb!  I love them to death.  There is Elder Sheranian from UT.  He is Samoan and one of the funniest guys I've ever met.  Elder Carrel from Philidelphia and he's way awesome.  There's Elder Hayward from Virginia and he looks and acts exactly like Nick Waring hahah and then Elder Makalio from Sydney Austraillia - I love his accent!  I'm always constantly busy here always going to class or eating or studying but I love it so much!  Ive already taught 6 lessons!  I'm getting a lot better at teaching I wasnt good at all when I first started but Im getting really good now.  Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that there are 4 girls in our district as well, 3 of them are going to canada and 1 is going to hawaii.  I love this work.  I love feeling the joy of inviting others to come unto Christ.  I can't wait until I'm out in the field and will be able to teach the Hawaiin people.  Nothing would make me happier than that!  You should continue to use dear elder and tell everyone else to use dear elder as well because I'm timed on how long I can be on the computer and I love getting mail.  It's like better then waking up on Christmas morning to presents!  One of my lessons went so well, we went to a building where we had to knock on doors to actual people and teach a real lesson to someone other than a missionary.  I felt the spirit sooo strong during that lesson.  We didn't even really teach until the last 5 min because we were just getting to know the guy, but the spirit really does work and I knew everything to say when I needed to.  It was awesome!  Well I got to go.  Keep writing letters and tell everyone else to also.  Love you!

Elder Gardner
Waiting for the Plane...
At the airport with Grandma Dede...
One last pose with mom and dad...
One last hug for mama - sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment