Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, October 17, 2011

Another Week...

How you stay family!
Ah it stay good ova here in Hawaii!  This week was a really good week very solid and also a busy one.  Yes in the words of Dirk Gardner busy is good.  I don’t like it when we have snowdays (when the planner has no scheduled appointments) because it makes it easier for you to become a sack during the day.  

So the baptism with Jennifer is still on for this Saturday!  I’m stoked its going to be a good baptism because we are including a lot of the ward members in the baptism program.  Hopefully the confirmation goes well.  I’m still nervous about that.  Saturday will be very busy because right after Jennifer’s baptism we have another baptism, but its not a convert baptism, just a child baptism.  The baptism is for a little Marshallese girl named Kylie and she asked me to baptize her!  I guess I’ll be getting a lot of practice in. 

It rains a lot over here.  The other day it rained all day its was nuts!  The weather is extremely perfect, and couldn’t get any better.  I already told you about my weight so we don’t need to talk about that again. haha.  Today we went to Rainbow Falls here in Hilo.  It was awesome!  
Rainbow Falls
Beau with his companion Elder Limb at Rainbow Falls
I’m getting along with everyone here.  We have an awesome zone seriously.  We are all obedient, and there aren’t any apostates in our zone which is very good.  
Elder Gardner and Elder Allen on exchanges in Pahoa
Yeah, its hard because there are really good days and then very bad/hard days sometimes its very hard to stay positive.  I think things are getting better and better each day.

Weird story... so yesterday we were going to a lesson and the guy was named Walter.  We were planning on teaching the restoration but when we got there he just preached to us.  It was really weird and we couldn’t really say anything because he was talking the whole time.  At the end when Elder Limb was saying the prayer Walter kept saying "Thank you Jesus!" "Yes Lord!"  It was so hard for me not to laugh!  I love the people here they talk soo much though we call them "portegue" that means talk too much.  Incredible people none the less always kind and sometimes offering us food while were tracting and stuff.  
Tracting...
Yesterday we had an awesome meeting with bishop and our ward mission leader.  We came up with the idea to have a Sunday School class and teach PMG so we can get the members excited about missionary work so they can help us out instead of always relying on us.  Were also going to start teaching members how to teach starting with the ward council so they can know how to teach when the opportunity arises. 

I guess I have a lot of people writing me but the more the merrier! Love you all soooo much. Aloha

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment