Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!!


Happy New Years!

I had a good week, and also a pretty good new year.  I still haven’t got your package... haha you probably sent it by boat so its super slow.  We did a lot of service this week and tried to get a lot of lessons in as well.  It seems like everything is so different back home a lot of things are changing!  I hit my 4-month mark on New Years Eve.  
BJ Penn shirts that the Kuikahis gave us
I remember when I was in Sam’s shoes going to all those dances and getting nervous with all the girls, it wasn’t to long ago.  I don’t know what the deal with Skype, is I guess Colton got to do it to?!  I think it’s just a mission rule that our mission president doesn’t want us to Skype.

So this week, I don’t know if I already told you about Theresa?  Well she is a new investigator that we have and we got a referral from the office to go and see her. She is a nice lady.  We've met with her twice and the second time we met her we taught her about the Restoration.  I committed her to baptism and she said Yes!  But, she said that she needs to know a little more and know for sure.  It was really cool.  We also did some service for Troy Keolanui at his farm.  We helped him put on some flame tape on the speed bumps.  I love helping him at his farm. 
Just working on the farm...
He told us that he wanted to come to church and we didn’t even bring it up!  So he is going to come next week!  We also did some more service for this guy named Tim.  He is a guy that bishop Irvin wanted us to go see.  He is in a wheel chair and we helped him pull some weeds and trim his bushes.  I asked him if we could come by and share a message with him.  He said ok as long as we aren’t in our white shirts and ties, haha.  He also invited us to a college basketball game at UH Hilo.  I really want to go because he is a potential investigator but we can’t really go to games!  This is hard!  What would you do?  I also had to speak in sacrament meeting again for Kaumana.  I always speak in sacrament meeting.  

New Years was fun.  We got invited to the Okuras and many families from the ward came.  We ate dinner and then all the kids lit off fireworks.  Fireworks in Hawaii are legal so it crazy here on New Years.  There are so many fireworks that are getting lit off!  People spent choke money on fireworks.  It was fun.  
Weeeee - This is Fun!!!
It was like 9:30 and the zone leaders were getting really mad because we weren’t home.  Oh well.  That’s about all I have for this week.  I hope that I get your package this week!  
Good luck going back to school and everything.
Love you,
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment