Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, January 9, 2012

What's Good


Aloha!

I can honestly say that I don’t miss the snow at all.  This morning we went fishing at coconut island, it was 82 degrees and sunny.  They ocean was clear and I could see all of Hilo.  Ahh, its nice.  
Rainbow Falls - nice photo eh?
Elder Ahotau
The guy the we went with (Will) was jumping off the tower that we fish off of into the ocean. I wanted to do that sooo bad!  20 more months.  Man you guys have everything!  Updated computers, printers, I touches, I pads, and now your getting I phones?  Dude, where’s the loyalty on that man?  That’s cool though, I wonder if that stuff will be old news when I get back home?  That’s awesome that Zane is going to propose!  Good for him, and that’s cool Sam that you’re getting your braces off, watch out for the ladies! haha and good luck with your practices and Ft. Lowell Benjee, do work son!  Well, I still haven’t gotten my package... I don’t know if it got lost in the mail or if its still coming by boat?  Idk, I called the office and they said it should be here soon.  

This week was awesome!  One of the best weeks on my mission so far.  So when I was with Elder Limb he said that we weren’t allowed to tract apartments.  So we never did.  Well this week we were having a bet with the zone leader for OYM's (Open Your Mouths) and we decided to track apartments.  It was one of the best things that I’ve done!  We taught lessons to people and set up return appointments, gave out many copies of the Book of Mormon and got phone numbers for people to call back.  It was awesome!  We also had the most "with member" lessons that I’ve had thus far on my mission this week - 5.  We also had the most OYM's that I’ve ever had on my mission this week -122.  It was such a solid week!  We found like 3 new investigators!  I hope that they can stay investigators.  Everything went well.  Troy didn’t come to church because he decided to go fishing... maybe next week.  I really think that he would be a solid convert. 
Elder Ahotau, Elder Lyons, and Elder Gardner 
They have safety checks here in Hawaii for all the cars and trucks.  I had no idea that we had to get our car checked until some guy on the street said that our safety check was two months out of date.  So we rushed over to firestone and it was going to take like 3 hours until they checked it so, we left it there and walked back to our pad.  They called us to tell us that it was done so we walked all they way back to firestone (2 miles) and we didn’t even pass the safety check... Our brakes were all gone pretty much and the windshield wipers didn’t work.  So we have 30 days by law to go get them fixed or we cant drive.  So this week I’m going to have to go take it to get fixed.  It’s a pain!

Everything is really great though.  The weather is perfect, the work is really good, I can’t complain about anything!  Glad to hear that everything is good back in Arizona.  Oh yeah while we were waiting at firestone for a couple min. while they were finishing with the car the Suns and Trailblazers game was on haha.  We also shopped at Target today, which is way better than Walmart.  Idk why we haven’t been shopping at target this whole time.  Well anyways I love you all and have a great week.  Stay warm haha
Love you.
Aloha
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment