Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, February 20, 2012

Linsanity!


This week was a pretty solid week!  One question - first what’s up with this Jeremy Lin?  Linsanity!  I’m hearing about this guy and how he's taking over the NBA.  Yeah, definitely keep me posted on all the sports with Sam and Ben.  I've been getting a lot of letters so its hard to write everyone back because I stink at writing letters, I never know what to say.  

Mona Kea got a lot of snow!  It looks awesome!  We had a huge rainstorm the other night it was ridiculous!  

So we did some service for Troy this week.  It was really good, we cleaned out some buckets and pressure washed his grill.  I asked him if we could share a message with his family and he said absolutely!  He said we could go to his farm and have dinner with his family and share a message.  I was stoked!  So we’re sharing this message at dinner appointments called the power of one.  You should look it up on YouTube or something.  It’s a LDS youth video its very good.  We showed it to the Carvalhos and they got really excited and said that they were going top have a bbq and invite kids from his son’s basketball team and invite us to talk to them.  I was so happy!  Finally members who are trying to help us out with referrals!  Finally!  We’re working with some less active RM's right now also.  One of them we actually started getting him to come to church!  He’s been coming for 2 weeks now!  The other one we meet with and he said he would come to church but he didn’t...  I made a deal with him though, if we gave him Preach my Gospel he will give us the Prince of Egypt soundtrack haha.  Hey could you send me another journal?   Mine is almost filled out.  This week also had bad parts too.  We met a lady who told us to take her off the membership, and another guy got mad at us for stopping by his house late, and it was only 7:30!?  Oh well.  Funny story:  We were street contacting and we ran into this drunk guy.  He liked Mormons but he was saying to ditch the white shirts and ties and wear aloha shirts haha.  He was also telling us about these snakes from Guam that travel on planes.  He said they go up to the planes and wrap around the tires and when they land they just come off.  He said that they are in Hawaii and they are going to take over the big island?!  Whaaat?  Street contacting is always fun.  I’m also pretty excited for transfers.  I’m kind of hoping I will get transferred to North Shore or something, that would be tight!  Well that’s about it for me this week.  Keep me posted on everything!  Love you

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment