Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh


What’s good?

Thanks for theValentines package you sent me!  That was awesome getting a package.  Even though Elder Ahotau ate a ton of the candy haha.  I’ve been writing quite a few people.  I’m writing two Sisters from my district in the MTC.  I’m writing Ty Johnson, Carson, Brandi, Lindsay Webb, and Nati (one of Elder Boyles friends).  So yeah, I usually get letters every week.  I just got Reyna’s letter last week.  Its hard to write letters because I stink at writing things and I can only write on p-days so I don’t have that much time.  whatev.  That’s sweet to hear about the baseball and tournaments and stuff.  You will have to keep me updated me on the sports stuff.  
Elder Ahotau and me wearing authentic Hawaiian Leis 
This week was a pretty good week.  We taught a good amount of lessons in Kilauea, but we didn’t have really any lessons in Kaumana.  We also had zone conference this week, which was extremely good.  The training that the Assistants gave was just what I needed.  They talked about being a master planner, using time wisely, commitments, and this new referral program called power of one.  It really gave me the boost that I needed.  As for placing a Book of Mormon, do you have to place it to someone you know? or can it be anyone?  Just go up to them and just start talking with them.  (How are you, what have you done today?).  Then just say something like "well I'm a member from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Have you ever talked to a member from our church before?  Well, I would just like to give you a copy of the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.  It is comparable to the Bible.  That doesn’t mean that it replaces the Bible, it means that they go hand in hand.  They compliment each other.  It is an account of Christ’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas.  You think, God loves his children so much he wouldn’t just want one part of the world to have his gospel right?  You could say something like that.   You'll do fine!  Its easy - D&C 84:85.   We had an awesome lesson with two French ladies from Haiti that we tracked into.  We had to go on exchanges to teach them though.  So Elder Bown came with me to teach them because he speaks French. We also had our Tongan Ward mission leader come.  It was an awesome lesson!  We taught them the restoration and they really liked it.  They speak English pretty well though so I didn’t have any trouble understanding them.  They thought the first vision was awesome.  So I committed them to Baptism and they accepted!  They said they want to find out more before they make a date though.  The only thing that stinks though is that the next lesson we have with them is on the 4th... That’s the last Sunday before I will most likely leave...  but its all good though

Today we went to Kau and Volcano National Park.  It was awesome.  The volcano wasn’t very cool though.  There was no lava and all there was a plume of smoke.  Kau is the most southern part of big island.  It’s still in our zone so we were aloud to go there.  We stopped by the black sand beach and we also went to south point (the most southern part of the U.S.)  I have some awesome pics!  I truly am blessed to serve my mission in the most beautiful place on earth.  I can’t wait till I can show you around when you come.  
Volcano National Park

Black Sand Beach

Elder Bown, me, Elder Lyons

Black Sand Beach

South Point

This is the actual Southern most point...

South Point

Oh Yeah

Thanks for everything and all your support, love, and prayers.  Happy Valentines Day.  

ofa lahi atu
Elder Gardner

1 comment:

  1. Sharla.. i love to read his blog. i keep waiting for him to get put on oahu so we can take him to dinner.

    Love ya

    Kilie Farnsworth (Rainey)

    ReplyDelete