Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, February 6, 2012

Supp!


Supp!

Holy Jojo!  I just got the pictures that you sent me of Jojo - Dang she’s huge and she looks old now!  I still have a picture on my memory card when she is a puppy!  She probably won’t even remember me when I get back.  Nice basketball pics!  Sam your super excited that basketball is over and dad your kind of wishing there was more haha - that’s funny.  That’s super sad to hear about that Hatches... I'll definitely remember them in my prayers.  So yeah transfers are in about 4 weeks.  I know that I say that I’m ready to leave and change but I know that once I'm actually in a different area I’m going to miss Hilo.  
AJ Jemwai.  A Marshalese guy that always came with us to lessons
Scarlett and me.  Scarlett is a daughter of a recent convert that moved into Kilauea Ward
 This week was pretty average.  Nothing to exciting happened this week.  We're really struggling in Kaumana Ward to find lessons.  Kilauea Ward is fine we teach a lot of people there.  Did I ever tell you about Mike?  Well, we brought some fish and rice so we could cook it with him and eat while we were sharing a lesson, and when we went over and knocked on the door he didn’t answer... We even saw him inside in his room!  This kind of stuff happens a lot.  It’s very frustrating.  Ping probably won’t get baptized on the 18th because he won’t come to church and he has a problem drinking tea. We haven’t taught him the law of chastity lesson yet.  Sometimes I loose motivation really fast, it stinks.  While I was waiting to email today I picked up an ensign from 2001 and read a little article from Jeffery R. Holland it said: "Anyone who does any kind of missionary work will have occasion to ask, Why is this so hard?  Why doesn't it go better?  Why can't our success be more rapid? Why aren't there more people joining the Church?  It is the truth... You will have occasion to ask those questions.  I have thought about this a great deal.  I offer this as my personal feeling.  I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience.  Salvation never was easy."  I thought that was really cool that I just turned to that today while I was waiting.  There are a lot of things that I miss back home and wearing a white shirt and tie is definitely not my favorite clothing to wear, but I know that it will all be worth it in the end.  These next 19 months will probably fly by.  See look I'm already out of the 20's for months and I’m in the teens now haha.  Elder Ahotau is still good, I really like him and I know that I'll miss him.  I was saying how I wanted some new shorts at the mall and He just gave me money to go get them.  I told him he didn’t need to give me that.  He said he wanted me to get the shorts that I like.  Tongans are extremely caring.  They would give you the shirt off their back.  

Well that’s about all I have for you in this email.  Oh yeah I got a lot of letters this week it was awesome!  That made me feel really good.  Hope everything continues to go well for you in Lakeside and also all your experiences down in Mesa.  I loved the picture of Ozzy, that was awesome!  I always pray for you. 

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment