Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, February 27, 2012

What a Week!

Wow, this week was crazy!!  A lot of things happened.  First it was good to hear everything is going smoothly.  Especially the nice transition from basketball into baseball.  I continue to look forward for the stats and updates from Sam and Ben in their games.  So yes one more week until transfers.  This Sunday I should know what will happen - if I stay or leave.  I’m almost positive I will leave because 6 months in one area is a long time.  I know that I will miss Hilo a lot!  Hilo is definitely special and I love the feeling or "Aloha" here.  It’s incredible.  Everything is going great right now and it right when I’m about to leave... go figure.
the Madriagas - they are one of my favorite families here.
 So this week... where do I start.  On Tuesday I think we went over to Mike’s house (investigator) and we talked about the Book of Mormon and the blessings he can receive from it and we committed him for the third time to be baptized and this time he said yes!  We set a date with him for the 24th and asked him to come to stake conference but he didn’t want to come to stake conference because he doesn’t like to be around a lot of people, anxiety problems.  So that was really cool.  Wednesday a homeless guy came up to our pad and wasn’t asking for food but he was asking for a pair of glasses?  Incredibly we actually had a pair that someone left so Elder Ahotau gave him the glasses and he was asking him where the guy was from, and he kept saying he was from "Planet Earth" and "America"  haha so the guy started to walk off and Elder Ahotau asked him what his name was and he didn’t answer so Elder Ahotau picked up a pineapple that was outside our pad and threw it at him hahaha that was sooo funny.  Tongans don’t care, they will do what ever they want.  So Thursday we got a call from the zone leaders and told us that there was a girl in our area that wanted to get baptized!  So to explain what happened the zone leaders were tracting and ran into this girl named Roxanne.  That was not her actual house she was just staying there.  She lives with her less active RM boyfriend in our area.  The zone leader gave her their number and the next day she called them saying "I’ve been thinking about things and I really want to get baptized"  So the zone leaders handed her off to us and so we are going to start teaching her!  She seems like she would be really solid!  So here’s the crowning event of the week!  I’m surprised its not on CNN because everyone in Hilo is talking about it haha.  So yesterday was stake conference.  In the morning was investigator class.  We invited one guy to come named Edwin. So in the morning we tried calling him to see if he was going to make it... no answer.  So we decide to go to the class anyways.  Lo and behold Edwin was already sitting in there talking with all the people!  haha I was shocked!  So that class was really good.  Elder Yamashita of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy and Elder Reynolds and area 70 were at stake conference because we got a new stake presidency.  So the people they called to be in the stake presidency were all bishops that had only been a bishop for 2 years.  Bishop Irvin was called to be the 2nd counselor!  That was another shocker!  I had no Idea that he would be called.  I guess that’s the first time they have ever called three bishops each at 2 years to serve in the stake presidency.  Here's the best part!  When we were sustaining the new stake president one lady stood up in the back and yelled "I object you idiot!"  I’ve never seen anyone oppose anyone so that was really weird to me.  I guess they had a line of people that opposed after the meeting that they had to take care of.... Have you ever been apart of something like that?

I forgot to tell you a couple weeks ago I finished the BOM, and now I’m reading the New Testament!  I’m almost done with Matthew.  I can honestly say that I love the scriptures.  Something is like developing inside me.  I love learning about the Gospel.  I can’t get enough of it!  Every chance I get to study the scriptures or the Ensign I take it.  I just have this desire to know as much as I can.  I really do "Feast" upon the words of Christ.  I feel like Nephi when he said "for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning." (1 Nephi 19:23)  I truly do love the Gospel and the scriptures. 

Well I love all of you and I’m so thankful for all you do and all your support!  Have a great week!
Love
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment