Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, May 28, 2012

9 Months

Yo,
Thanks for sending me those pictures. They were great!  It’s funny to see that Ben always has a new swimsuit and new clothes but Sam still wears the same swimsuit and clothes from when I was still at home haha.  That pool party looked awesome!  I wish I could have been there.  I also had a pool party here in the shower at my pad... yeah beat that!  The D-backs game looks sick!  I remember when we went a LONG time ago, when the D-backs had their old logo and colors, and they were playing the Mets.  I remember Craig Counsel hit a walk-off homerun that game.  That was a long time ago.  Sam, I bet you’re so stoked to get off that radiation!  I would to.  I’m glad that you liked the cd I sent you!  That’s the kind of music that I listen to out here.  Yeah, I don’t know of anyone that has the Other Side of Heaven soundtrack but that would be awesome to have though! Except that’s not Samoan in that movie, its Tongan.  
Sister Notsu
Sister Chen
Brotherhood with Elder Beutler
 Emmi and Hal thank you so much for writing me back!!!!:) I love getting your emails!!!!!:)  They are the best!!!!:) I’m glad your having fun in Snowflake!!!:)  For the summer!!!!!:)  Yes!!!!:)  Cool!!!!:)  hahah jk.  Emmi I’m just teasing you about the way you write your emails. I didn’t know you were that excited to write me haha, but seriously thanks, both of you, for writing me it really means a lot and you always give me a lot of encouragement.  Yes, that would be good if you got me an “Everyday I’m Shufflin” shirt!  I can wear it on p-day.  That song always gets stuck in my head out here.  
Having fun at a District Leader training meeting
 Well this week has been GREAT!  At first it was just another week that I would just manage by, but a miracle happened this week which really helped me and that I needed a lot.  As you already know I have been struggling a lot this whole transfer.  So, we had received a referral a couple weeks earlier and we have been trying to find this lady (Lepa) from the referral.  We finally found where she lives but we could never catch her.  She lives with a part member family that we have been teaching.  So a couple days ago when we were teaching the part member family we caught her when she was home.  We asked when we could stop by and meet with her.  She didn’t seem too excited but she agreed to meet with us and set up an appt. the next day in the morning.  So the next morning we stopped by and knocked on her door and she had forgotten about it... She was still half asleep but she told us to come back in about 4 hours.  So 4 hours later we came again and she sat down with us at the table.  We just were trying to get to know her and her situation and stuff.  Turns out she had a pretty tough life.  Her fiancé died not to long ago and she was just going through some depression.  I told that I know that all of us may go through trials, but what we have to share with you will be able to help you overcome these trials that your facing.  Then she just started crying.  She said that she felt so good and that she had the best feeling.  She mentioned that she had met with missionaries before and had had the whole discussions, and seen all of the tricks, but at this time when she was in the most trouble we showed up.  Then out of the blue she said "I feel like I want to get baptized"  WHAT!!???  When does that happen!  I was stoked!  So we set a date with her right then and there for June 9th.  She even came to church yesterday and she loved church she was crying during the whole thing.  I think she might have some word of wisdom problems that might push her date back but she is solid!  I know that good things will eventually come.  It just like the scripture Ether 12:6 - you don’t receive a witness until after the trial of your faith.  Seeing this and being a part of this whole thing with Lepa is exactly why I love being on a mission!  Things like this can wash away all the bad from before.  It’s incredible!  
The Laie Gang!

Sister Moon
 Transfers are on Wednesday and I found out that I’m staying here in Laie!  Yes!  I’m totally cool with it because I love this place a lot.  Elder Bailey is leaving and I don’t know where he is going but we will find out on Wednesday.  I’m also eating with Kylie and her parents tonight at turtle bay.  Fancy!  I’m really praying that I can just get a comp that I can work well with and get a long with because that can really make all the difference.  I've also learned that I should be grateful for the comp. I have at the time because there is always someone worse.  Well everything is going great!  We are going to have a picnic at a park today because one of the sister trainers is leaving and Elder Hanks (fav. ZL) is getting transferred... shucks!  Hope you have a great week and have fun with Surgeries, baseball games, and last week of radiation.  Keep sending more pics!  I love them!  Anyways, I love you all the most and do work son!
Love,
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment