Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, June 25, 2012

Ahhh Yeah...


Dang, I love getting emails like those it helps me out so much and it truly makes me happy to know that everyone is doing great!  I bet all of you had a blast! Dude, Sam you look so grown up!  What the heck happened?  And Jake is taller than a banshee!  Claire and Audrey?  Holy cow I could barely recognize them?!  Wow, I guess a lot of things happen when your gone a year, and I’m sure even more will change in this next year as well.    So Sam, sharing the gospel is a lot harder than you think ya?  Man, I had to learn that when I got to the MTC haha. At least you have a head start.  It’s so true not that not many people know about Jesus Christ or even God.  So you really do have to explain everything and make it as simple as possible.  I always thought that everyone knew, but you can’t assume right?  Your going to be a baller missionary bro. I'll give you some tips when I get home.  Benjee you’re going to be a baller too.  Your jerseys look sick! Man, If I had jerseys like that when I was your age I would be in heaven, but no I just had a t-shirt thing with my name on the back.  When I saw the picture of you, you had your pants down and your batting gloves and everything perfect haha - so I still know you are the same.  Keep working hard at baseball; maybe you can get a scholarship to some school or something?  How does that sound?  Emmi you’re freaking awesome!  I can’t believe your driving a lot by yourself now, what a stud!  I’m sure your loving it at Trappers.  That would be super fun working there with Hal.  Mom, and Dad I freaking love you guys so much!  You are so supportive and I know that you really do care and are willing to do anything for me.  You should send me one of those "that’s a clown question bro" shirts.  That would be awesome!  Things for my birthday... Hmm, well I kind of need new pants.  Almost all of my pants have holes in the pockets.  I don’t know why there are holes in the pockets but they keep ripping.  Just send me some ties, Cd's or something, or just surprise me.  I’m good with anything.  For real. 
Laie Zone exercise
This week was a good week work wise.  So that one girl that we are working with in Hau’ula 3rd, the one that her friend wanted her to get baptized on her birthday she has a baptism date now!  We have been going over there like twice a week to teach her the lessons and at first she wasn’t really keeping the commitments we would leave with her but we were teaching the Law of chastity and word of wisdom lessons to her and we committed her to baptism.  We said "I know that we've talked about baptism and me and my comp have been praying about it a lot, and we really think that July 21st would be a good goal for you, we really know that from now until that time you can be ready and know for yourself that this church is true, and that the BOM is true also"  She accepted!  She was asking us some tough questions though like questions about gays, and why Joseph Smith, and she also asked if she wasn’t here then why would we be here?  Man, the spirit was so strong and we were able to answer all the questions!  I know the spirit really helped me with her last question about why we were here.  I told her that there is nothing else that brings me more happiness at this point in my life than sharing the gospel with others.  I then went on to explain that there is a difference between pleasure and happiness and explained that pleasure is only temporary but happiness lasts forever and it’s the gospel of Jesus Christ that can bring happiness into your life.  She didn’t have any questions after that haha, but it was a bomb lesson.  About the golden guy (Cody), we are still working with him.  Cody is a good guy but he's kind of sketch though.  Like he doesn’t really follow all of our commitments and sometimes its hard to get a hold of him.  He says he doesn’t have a problem with the word of wisdom but I’m pretty sure he smokes weed.  I don’t know, he has a baptism date for the 7th but I’m not sure how solid that will be.  We'll get him though no worries, it might just take some time.  I can’t believe that I’m almost done with my 3rd transfer here (4 1/2 months) I kind of have a feeling that I will leave this next transfer... oh well, I’ve only had 2 areas and its almost been a year so it will be good to venture out more.  Oh yeah, we aren’t on bikes anymore.  President Dalton got us a car because he said it was too dangerous in our area to have bikes so they took them haha.  So Elder Bowlby and I have been making a lot of bomb breakfasts lately.  We make eggs, hash browns, pancakes, bacon, and toast.  It’s awesome!  A lot better than cereal or toast... 
Look at that pancake, it's as big as a roast!
Yesterday it was gross! We woke up and started working on our progress records and I didn’t even notice but Elder Bowlby saw a bunch of maggots crawling all over our floor!  They were everywhere!  Even in our room!  So we swept them all up and threw them in the trash.  We were trying to see where they were coming from and we finally found that it was the trash...  Which is weird because there wasn’t really anything in the trash so we cleaned it out and now were maggot free. This week is a big week for us and for the zone we are really focusing on finding new investigators and getting them with a date so we can reach our goal of 14 baptisms in July and for a mission goal of 115 for July.  I think we can do it!

Well that’s about it for me this week.  Again, I’m glad to hear about all the success and fun that all of you experienced this past week.  Keep me updated on any new events happening and sports and everything else.  Oh by the way what are you doing for the 4th of July?  Well, have a great week and know that I love you the most!  Laterzz

Elder Gardner 

No comments:

Post a Comment