Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, July 16, 2012

Brock Mason


Doesn’t Brock Mason sound like a legit hardcore name?  Elder Sheranian and I were talking about hardcore action names one day and we came up with that one.  So summer is dwindling down.  Wow, everything is going by super fast!  I can’t believe school is about to start up again.  I’m about to turn 20!  At the end of this transfer it will be right around my year mark.  I once heard that your mission is like a roll of toilet paper it goes by slow at first but once you get to the end it goes by super fast haha.  I’m glad to hear that everything is still going great at home.  It’s always great to hear that you have a lot of surgeries lined up dad.  Wow, what a joke about Show Low and their all-star team with those cheating coaches... they are so lame.  It’s all good though at least you can just relax a little now and not have to worry about traveling.  Remember when we would travel to Winslow for my all-stars and I hit that inside the park homerun?  That was tight!  
Crouching Lion again! This is the 3rd time ive been on this hike... 
Sister Moon, me and Elder Menlove the creepentstein!
Well this week was pretty good.  We got a couple new elders in our zone.  They all seem pretty legit so I’m not to worried about that.  The only thing I’m worried about is the area that I cover.  Its super dead right now which isn’t good at all.  We actually have a baptism for the 28th with this kid named Chance.  I don’t know if I told you about him.  He was on our unbaptized list and so we went over to go see him and we talked to him and got to know him a little.  His mom and sister are members already but he isn’t (he’s 13).  We taught him a short lesson and committed him to baptism and he said yes.  So we set a date for the 28th.  We taught him the first two lessons on Saturday with his grandparents and his mom and sister and it went really well.  The only thing is that they don’t know if they want to have the baptism on August 6th, which is his birthday or the 28th.  We really want to push for the 28th because its sooner and less time for Satan to get in the way and plus its in July so it will contribute to our zone goal which is 28 baptism for July.  We are so close to making history in our zone with baptisms.  The record is 14 and we’re about to double it!  No one will be able to beat our record until the second coming!  If we double our high water mark then president will do something very special for us so I’m pretty dang stoked.  That’s like one of the only reasons I wanted to stay in this zone this transfer.  As for Cody and Michele... I don’t know, we’re probably going to have to drop them.  We haven’t been able to set up an appointment with Michele after her parents said she couldn’t get baptized and we haven’t been able to get a hold of Cody for like 2 weeks.  It’s not looking so good right now.  That’s why its going to be hard this transfer, there is practically no one in our teaching pool at all.  Oh yeah, you remember Mike?  He just moved back to Provo so we won’t be meeting with him anymore.  I’m just hoping and praying that we will be able to find success this transfer in our areas.  Other than that everything is pretty great.  Elder Bowlby is still good.  It might be possible that we might get another ward.  BYU 19th ward.  I don’t know,  that’s just a rumor but it could be good for us?  We are still trying to follow through with our goal and visiting every single member in our wards.  I have a good feeling about doing this.  Oh yeah one night when we were at dinner with on of the families in the Samoan ward they asked us if we like fish and I was like yeah fish is good and they uncovered our plates and there was a whole fried fish with the eyes and head on and everything... I thought to myself... Oh man how am I going to do this one.  It actually wasn’t that bad, haha.  This Wednesday we are going to Pearl Harbor again to do some service.  I can’t wait for that its going to be sweet!
eehhhhhaaarggggg! hahah Kahuku Grill
Dang, I miss making raps on the computer that was so much fun!  I can’t wait to hear your raps Sam and Ben.  I bet they are dope!  Sam, I cant believe you are going to be a sophomore... what the!  Have fun with your last couple of weeks of summer!  Benjee, sorry about the tourneys and stuff its alright soccer is coming up and your going to dominate at that!  Yes I see a lot of people surfing out here and it makes me want to surf really bad!  Especially when the sky is clear and its sunny and the water is super blue.  It drives me nuts sometimes!  I miss soccer camp so much!  Those were so much fun!  Did you still get the popsicles and ice cream at the end?  Did you do world cup day at the end?  I never did help out with the camp.  I was going to one year but never ended up doing it.  Emmi and Hal, that’s awesome that you’re losing some weight and going on a diet.  I know there’s no way I would be able to do that because I wouldn’t be able to commit haha.  Well that’s about it for me this week.  I’m excited to get your package!  I bet it’s awesome!  Have a great week and have fun!  Love you the most. Laterzz. 
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment