Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, July 30, 2012

Ghost Hunters


So everyone in our family has been to Carlsbad except me... wow... where’s the loyalty?  Na, that’s cool that you are there to escape and have some fun as well.  I’m looking forward to getting your pictures that you will send me.  So yeah, I got all the packages this last week, thank you so much!  Hal and Emmi, you sent me so much candy it made me go crazy!  I’ve been sharing it though because I don’t know if I’ll be able to eat it all by myself!  Everyone liked the clown question shirt haha.  So school starts in a couple days?  Crazy.  I really hope that we will be able to go to Lake Powell when I get back. that would be sweet!  

A great perch for locating potential investigators,  I'm not breaking the rules, I'm not "touching" the  sand.
If you look close, you could possibly see a little drool!
Paradise Baby!
So this week was a solid week.  We’re now on week 4 of this transfer!  Before you know it I’ll be getting transferred again.  I’m pretty positive that this is my last transfer here in Laie.  I have a feeling that I might get transferred to the city or to Makakilo side, but you never know.  So our zone did it, we made history!  28 baptisms in the month of July!  Doubling our previous high water mark, which was 14 baptisms.  We crushed it.  This is the first zone to ever double a high water mark!  Our mission was also trying to reach a new high water mark at 125 baptisms for the month, we actually did beat our previous high water mark that was at 105 I think, but we were three shy of getting 125.  Not bad, I can’t complain.  We went to the Miyasaki’s for dinner on my birthday.  Hopefully you got the pictures from her.  She said she was going to send an email to you guys.  I love that family!  They totally remind me of our family which is awesome!  Wednesday we had zone conference, which was great.  I always like zone conference because we always get good trainings and its always good to see president and sister Dalton.  We got 2 new investigators this week also!  I’m pretty stoked about that.  One of them is super ready for baptism, the only problem though is that she doesn’t live here, she lives in Honolulu and she comes here because one of her friends she works with is in our singles ward.  Hopefully we can work it out so we can teach and baptize her.  We also have a baptism coming up this Saturday for Chance.  That was the baptism that was suppose to happen in July but got moved to the first Saturday in August.  That will be good, I’ll make sure to take pictures.  On Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Pritchard in my district.  The one that plays football for BYU.  He's such a stud!  I feel really bad for him because he’s really struggling with his companion right now so I went on exchanges with him so he could get a little break.  He said I saved his life haha.  So this is pretty sketchy.  Last night after everything I start accounting and getting all the weekly numbers in my district and the zone leaders told us to come to the visitors center to give them the numbers and we could kind of have a little party to celebrate our 28 baptisms.  So we went and also the other district leader and his comp (Elder Sheranian and Elder Bolkom) went.  Usually we don’t go to the V.C. to report we just call them in from our pad.  So as we were in the visitors center talking and reporting our numbers, and to let you know the V.C. is empty it’s just us elders in there, all the sudden we hear music playing and its coming from the front of the center by the statue of Christ.  So we go up there and check it out, and somehow the music got turned on so we turned it off.  We were kind of freaked out so we decide to do a little ghost hunting around the V.C.  We got a flashlight and we were checking in the men’s restroom.  It was pitch black in there and as we were looking in the bathroom all the sudden we hear a BOOM!  It sounded like someone slammed the toilet seat.  We were freaked out so we ran back into the room where we were doing our numbers.  Some of the elders decided to go back in there and see if there was something and they said when the went in there the last stall door was shaking really bad so all of us were freaked out so we just got out of there as fast as we could!  So that’s my experience with hunting ghosts.  I’m a ghost hunter, a polevaulter, a missionary, and I’M A MORMON.  
The Singles Ward I cover, YSA 1st Ward 
YSA 1st Ward mugging for the camera
Well that about sums it up for me this week.  We will hopefully be going to the night show at the Polynesian Cultural Center (something that we only do at the end of our mission) and dinner with president because we doubled our high water mark pretty soon.  He promised us that he would take us.  Neat huh?  Have fun in Carlsbad at the beach and I’ll have fun over here in Hawaii hitting the pavement haha.  Love you the most!  

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment