Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, September 24, 2012

Cauterized...

This is on the way to Lahaina.  This is a Maui sunset!  Most beautiful thing ever!  I love taking trips to Lahaina

What up!

I can’t believe it’s the end of the transfer already.  It’s week six of this transfer!  This transfer by far has been the fastest of my mission!  Crazy.  It’s weird to think that I’ll only have 11 months left soon.. Wow sounds like all of you are having a blast over there.  Man Sam, I cant believe you’re 16 dude that’s insane!  By the time I get back you'll be a junior and Ben you'll be a freshman!  I’m glad that you got my package because I didn’t think you would get that because I left it with one of our members in Laie to send it so I’m glad to hear that he sent it.  Haha, yeah pretty much all the girls that used to write me don’t write me anymore.. Probably about 2 of them still write me from the letters that were in that box... So I got my nose cauterized on Friday.  I called the mission office becasue it was pretty bad and they got a hold of a ENT doctor in Maui that happened to be a member and he cauterized my nose here at the stake center haha.  It was kind of crazy he stuck this cotton thing sooo far down my nose I could feel it in my throat.  Hopefully it works because yesterday it started bleeding again.  He just told me to put a lot of vaseline in it like to the point where I can’t breath out of the nostril.  It was all for free too which was really nice of him.  Yeah Maui is probably one of the more dryer islands but I still live right by the ocean so I’m not too sure why I have all these bloody noses? 
Just looking cool and driving to an appointment
This week was a pretty good week for missionary work.  So last Monday night we get a call from the Wailuku elders and they were riding their bikes home and Elder Loteba blacked out and smashed into a light pole.  We had to go to the hospital with him and he got stitches.  We didn’t get out of the hospital till around 12:30.  That was a crazy night!  I was so tired the next day!  That’s just one of the zone leader things that I had to deal with this week.  We found a couple new potential investigators this week using the new prayer approach so that was really cool.  Hopefully we will be able to see good things come from that.  We also found a new investigator named Peter.  He is another youth, it seems like we are always teaching younger kids.  He was a former investigator and we went over and taught him and committed him to baptism.  He said yes!  He told us that he had been to other churches but he likes the Mormons because it makes him feel the best.  It makes me feel the best also!  We have a baptism coming up on the 30th for Justice.  Everything should turn out good and she should get baptized she still needs to ask her mom I guess.  I’m sure she'll get dunked though.  I’ll let you know how that goes next week.  That’s pretty much it for big news this week.  We've just been doing a lot of administrative work and running around to drop things off to the companionships.  Our zone is doing great though!  Us hitting the high water mark might come down to the wire because we have 13 with a date for next week... so if all of those baptisms happen its pretty much going to be like the waters of Mormon!  So yeah, I’ve been thinking about school and stuff.  You think I should try to get in 2nd block of fall track or just leave like 3 days after I get home? 

So yeah I forgot to tell you that Elder Limb isn’t in Maui zone.  he got transferred when I came in.  Hey have you ever read anything on my facebook about Nik Berry?  I’m just wondering about him because he just popped into my mind the other day.  I also need to vote, President Dalton is really stressing the voting thing.  I honestly don’t really know how to go about starting or doing that.  Any Ideas?  Well I love you all so much and Hope you all have a great week!  Love you the most!

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment