Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, September 3, 2012

Year Mark!


For behold, the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. (D&C 4:4)

Well, one year down, one to go!  I can’t believe I’ve been out for an entire year!  It kind of seems like I’ve been out way longer than a year.  Time is going by super fast though. We’re already on week 3 of the transfer so almost halfway through the transfer... its nuts!!  I’m sure you’re having fun at Lake Powell!  Tearing it up on the wake and stuff.  Lucky! 

Well this week was pretty sick!  We have been seeing so many miracles in our zone, it’s awesome!  Our goal for our zone is 20 baptisms and we have 16 with a date right now and that will go up for sure and we already have 2 baptized for September so we’re looking pretty golden!  I know that we will hit our high water mark for sure.  Our mission this week got 246 new investigators!!  That’s the most that our mission has ever seen!  I think that we will beat our mission high watermark this month again when we just beat it in July.  I’m sorry for telling you all this stuff you probably don’t even care, but I get to know this stuff now that I’m a Zone Leader haha.  
Elder Carrel and I with Elder Tausinga
 Me with Elder Tausinga and Elder Havili
For Elder Carrel and I this week was good, we have been seeing some miracles of ourselves as well.  We have another investigator with a date!  Her name is Justice and she is 16 I think.  Her date is for the 29th so we’re pretty stoked about that.  We’re also teaching another guy who is dating one of our member’s daughters.  He is the star basketball player of his high school team and his name is Colten and he looks exactly like Colten Richards, it’s crazy!  Hopefully we can get him with a date as well.  It’s crazy all the people we’re teaching right now are youth.  I’ve never had something like this before.  Being a Zone Leader is still pretty crazy and I’m still trying to get used to it.  I know that it will come with time, I’m just always constantly tired and hungry!  I love this area that I’m serving in also, it’s super cool and I love the people here, they are very kind.  Yeah, I always thought Maui would be tropical but its not, it’s a hot island and a lot of it is kind of deserty.  There are kind of a lot of tourists, not in the part where I’m at but in Kihei and Lahaina.  That’s where all the tourists go.  Today we’re going to go play some glow putt in Lahaina, so that should be pretty fun.  I got a letter from JD and seems like he is doing really good.  Emmi and Hal, you two would love it here for sure, there is so much stuff to do!  Well that’s pretty much it for me this week.  I’m sure that we will have many more miracles this week!  Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that President Dalton is cutting way back on the kind of music we listen to... so Elder Carrel and I have just been listening to talks.  I actually really enjoy listening to talks, it makes me feel way more happy and plus I’m learning at the same time.  So if you get the chance when you get back from Lake Powell, you should burn some John Bytheway talks for me:)  You should check out Hank Smith, I HIGHLY recommend it!  I think he's funnier than John Bytheway!  Anyways, I hope you have fun out there, make sure and send choke pictures when you get home.  

Love ,
Elder Gardner
Do they think this is really going to keep me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment