Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kona Gold


Wow, what a week!  It’s been crazy the past couple of days that’s for sure, but super good though.  So I’m sure you have already guessed why I didn’t email you yesterday.  Yes, we had our temple trip today which is definitely a temple trip I will not forget...... I'll explain to you later in the letter.  
At the Kona Temple with Elder Garr.
Striking the pose at the Kona Temple with Elder Williams.
Thank you so much for the package!  That was awesome!  I wasn’t really expecting a package but made my day when I saw it sitting at our door step.  Sounds like everyone is good at home.  Always good to hear. 

Man, Kona is bomb!  Its sooo awesome!  I love it over here so much.  At first I was kind of apprehensive coming over to Kona because I always heard it was slow and that there’s not much over here, but man was I wrong.  What I heard was true in a sense.  The landscape here is nothing much.  There’s a lot of lava rocks and bushes, it’s definitely the driest area/zone I’ve been in my whole mission, but its cool because it kind of reminds me of home.
Kona Sunset - Beautiful...
My companions name is Elder Tupouniua from Magna, Utah.  He's Tongan.  He’s super cool!  I like him a lot and so far we've been getting along just great!  He's a hard worker and likes to go out there and get stuff done so it’s a big difference from being in Honolulu.  The zone is super cool!  There are a bunch of really cool elders in this zone, so I feel like everyone will get along and just be good friends.  We just cover one ward, which is the Kona 2nd Ward.  Just in the short time I’ve been here, I’ve seen how awesome the members are here.  They are super friendly and have a bunch of aloha.  I know I will definitely enjoy my time here in Kona for sure!  There are two sisters in our zone and they seem pretty cool also.  We have 3 investigators with a date right now for our ward, and one of the baptisms is for this Saturday so it should be really good.  The other two are scheduled for the end of this month.  I’m still kind of bummed that I have to miss Daniel’s baptism because he was such a golden investigator.  But it’s all G!  I’m still trying to get used to the area but hopefully I'll be able to pick it up pretty soon.  Everything is so spread out over here so sometimes we travel like 40 miles to the next town where the elders are.  Road Trip!  All in all, I’m very happy where I’m at.  The Lord has blessed me so much with my areas and with my companions.  Plus, we probably have the biggest pad in the whole mission!  3 bed 2 bath!  Score!  So just real quick to talk about what happened today... I'm not going to go into to much detail, but I’ll tell you more maybe when I get home or over the phone... Anyways it just made me realize how real Satan is and that this kind of stuff really happens.  So there is this elder in our zone and when he was in the celestial room he just went mentally nuts... It was really quite scary and luckily the AP's were with us and the temple president was there but yeah he might have to go home and he's not doing too good right now.  It might just be mental problems or something else but it was really crazy!  So yeah that’s kind of the crazy highlight story of this week that I’ll never forget in my whole life.
This picture is at Stephanie's with her and Tristan.  This was my last night in Honolulu...
Well, that’s about it for me. Sorry if this email is kind of shirt, but I hope all of you have a great week!  Love you the most.

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment