Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Second Round in Kona...


Zone Leader Conference in Honolulu
So I had Zone Leader Conference yesterday in Honolulu so that’s why I didn’t email yesterday, but today’s my p-day so it all works out.  I feel like I’ve rode on a plane so many times during my mission, I feel like dad going to Nebraska.  Man, another week has come and gone and I can’t believe that it’s almost the end of March.  I still feel like I have a long time left on my mission and that it won’t end.  Dad, remember how you were telling me that it gets to the point where it feels like all you've ever known is the mission and all you ever will know is the mission?  Yeah, that’s kind of how I feel right now.  Not saying its bad or anything, but it feels like I've been a missionary forever haha.  Thanks for the package by the way!  That was cool.  Every time I get a package it makes me feel good :)  Sounds like everyone is doing well back at home.  Way to go Sam on the golf tournament!  Nice.  I’m glad that you went to the temple Ben, its good to get to that freshwater every once in a while. 
Waiting at the Airport for our Flight
 This week was pretty good actually.  So as you probably know it was transfer week so things get a little crazy, but it turned out to be pretty good and a lot of good stuff happened.  So Tuesday we had to meet up with the Hilo zone leaders to grab some planners from them and on our way back we stopped by the Waimea elder’s pad and had a bbq with them and some of the elders that were getting transferred.  We were supposed to have a lesson later on that evening with this former investigator but we stopped by early so we could see the elders off at the airport.  
This is my main man Elder Williams just going home.
Well, she wasn’t home but her kids told us to stop by later.  So after the airport we stopped by again, and she totally forgot, so we said we would stop by another time.  As we were walking back a lady in the parking lot stopped us and said that she was looking for her daughter, so we stopped and talked to her for a little while and while we were talking her daughter showed up so that took care of that.  We found out that this lady was actually a member, but very less active.  Anyway her daughter that she was looking for isn’t baptized and she told us to come by and teach her the lessons.  The daughter was all bratty about it but I convinced her that missionaries are cool and that we would do a fun lesson.  Come on, little kids can’t resist missionaries! J  So we go back later on in the week and teach the girl.  She loved the lesson haha.  I could tell that she was trying to act all cool but I could also tell that she liked it because she colored the reminder that we gave her and put it on her fridge and she also put the Book of Mormon on the counter where she would see it when she walked in haha.  Hopefully that will work out and we will be able to see good things come from that.  That was the big miracle of the week for us.  We were able to meet with Nico, the one who is about to move and we stopped by and his wife just randomly asked as we were talking "when can you finish the lessons?"  We told her that we could finish today and she was like "because we need to figure out when he is going to get baptized." haha I was like shouting for joy in my mind.  They wanted to set up a date in April but we got them to hold the baptism this Saturday!!!  Sweet!!!  So we will be having a baptism this Saturday.  Yeah the work is a lot slower over here than anywhere else.  I guess that’s kind of a given if your off the main island.  The work will be slower because there are more locals and not as many people and it’s a lot more laid back.  It’s cool though.  Honestly, I would rather serve off the main island because I love the people a lot more and I just feel more at home.  Except Laie, that place is amazing; I would go back there in a heartbeat if I could.  But yeah, that was pretty much my week. I’m looking forward to this week and what it will bring, and we’re so close to hitting our high water mark.  Oh yeah, funny story: so last Friday we had our first district meeting of the transfer and towards the end of the meeting we were all getting excited about hitting our high water mark.  Well I had the bright idea to jump off one of the chairs.  So I got on a chair and jumped, and hit my head on the roof... DOH!  Everyone was cracking up but it was pretty hilarious - not going to lie. 
P-Day at Spencer Beach Park
Thanks for all the prayers and everything.  I can’t wait to get the spring break pictures!  Love you the most.

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment