Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, April 22, 2013

Green Dot Boy


This is a picture of the Gasbar family, can you pick me out in this photo?
Yo,

So yes this week on Wednesday is transfers.  Crazy how fast it sneaks up on you.  I now have a green dot on my picture on the transfer board.  I never thought I would ever make it this far on my mission!  A green dot means that you have 3 transfers left, Yellow dot means you have 2 and Red means you have one.  The end of my mission is coming in hot!  Elder Tup goes home on Wednesday.  Well, he flies into Honolulu and stays there until Thursday night then catches the red eye flight and will get home Friday morning.  It’s hard to kill a missionary off (send them home).  This is the first time I’ve done it on my mission; it just makes me think of when I’ll be going home.  It’s cool though, I’m just trying to stay as focused as I can.  
Last District Leader Training Meeting of the transfer.


Sounds like everything is going great back at home.  Super stoked to hear about Sam’s MRI.  I’ve been praying about that a lot, and that makes me feel a ton better.  I’m sure you've already heard about this but a lot of members have told me about Juicing.  I heard it’s really healthy for you and helps you heal or something like that.  One of the members was saying Sam should do it haha.  Now that you have the yard looking nice, and the bug almost done, I bet your just ready to cruise right into summer! 
 
The Aholelei's, a cool family in Kona
This week was a pretty good one.  A lot of great things happened.  First of all do you remember in my last email how I was telling you that we were going to go teach that family that our ward mission leader brought to church?  Well we taught them on Monday night for Family Home Evening and they LOVED it!  That is the coolest family ever!  They are the Ounyoungs and the Mom is Filipino the Dad Tai and they have 3 girls 1 boy who is disabled.  Two of the girls are baptism age!  The girls already knew the whole Joseph Smith story and the parents loved the lesson and the concept of Family Home Evening.  After the lesson we gave them 5 Books of Mormon. one for each person and a couple of church DVDs.  I was stoked!  So later on that week we met up with E. Tup’s brother in-law who we see quite often and he took us out to lunch.  Well, he must have been inspired when he said Krua because that is Sam’s Restaurant (The family we taught).  He came up to us and told us that he had been watching the videos that we gave us and that he loved them!  The wife also came up to us in the restaurant and told us that Sam had watched those movies over and over again!  He also asked us if he could get some more!  They are so solid and definitely potentials for baptism!  They came to church again yesterday also!  The wife was sick so Sam brought all of his kids by himself and stayed the whole time!  I’m sooo stoked about this family.  A lot of good things are starting to happen right now.  I’m so glad that I’m staying here.  I hope that I finish my mission here but I don’t think I will.  I think that I might get released as zone leader after this transfer and go somewhere else... Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that my new companion is Elder Melville.  I came out with him and he just got released as an AP and is coming to Kona to be with me.  I’m super stoked because Elder Melville and I are pretty tight, and we’re going to tear it up out here.  We weren’t able to visit Talea because her mom had surgery so we didn’t really get a chance to stop by last week but this week we'll go over and hopefully be able to set up a baptism date.  Sheri is also doing well.  She’s still got her hurdles to face but she is still making progress slowly but surely.  Barbara thinks that she'll get baptized by the end of this year.  That's about all the greatness that happened this week.  It was a baller week that’s for sure.

It’s crazy because I’ve been hearing about a lot of the missionaries that I’ve served with that have gone home already and are engaged!  That really blows my mind haha.  I don’t think I could get engaged that fast because its going to be super awkward when I’m around girls because I’m so used to the missionary way... haha it will be fun though.  Well shoots, that about does it for this one.  Hope you all have a great week and that you are successful during your workday on Saturday and all the other stuff you will be doing.  Love you the most

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment