Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Official

A picture of the Kona Zone on a p-day hike last week.

Dang, I can’t believe that conference already has come and gone.  That is my last conference I will ever attend while serving a mission... kind of sad to think about.  I loved conference!  It really helped me and gave me that boost that I needed.  The only bad thing about conference is that it’s too short!!!  I honestly could watch it for days.  I only dozed off twice, which is pretty good since conference out here starts at 6:00 in the morning...  Unfortunately none of our investigators came to conference with us but some of them committed to watch it at home so we'll follow up with them.  Sounds like everyone had a pretty decent week.  Nice! 

This week was pretty good.  So it’s official.  I called Sister Scott in the office and I told her that I’m going to be going home mid transfer in August with 8 other elders that I came out with.  So our transfer is split half and half.  Half of us are going home mid transfer, and the other half is going home end of August.  So I will end my mission on August 7th - your birthday mom!  Happy Birthday haha.  I've thought and prayed about it and it seems good to me and it would help me in the long run. 

This week was a bit slower than most weeks.  I’ve had worse weeks and I've had better.  Let me tell you about the highlight of my week though.  So, this family that we have been working with (The Chartrands), the one I talked about in my last email.  So we went over there twice this week.  That family is awesome!  I love them so much.  We are getting closer and closer to the family and they keep telling us that they want their daughter to be baptized.  So we’re going to start the first lesson tomorrow.  We’re going to try and set a baptism date too.  Hopefully we'll be able to get it at the end of April, but if not May for sure.  We were also able to teach Sheri this week.  Sheri is in her 60’s or 70's and we've been teaching her for a while.  Her husband died 6 months ago and she is having a super hard time with it.  She wants and knows she needs to get baptized but she just cant get over those few hurdles that stand in her way.  We were thinking about what to share with her and we felt like we should share the Testaments dvd.  So we did and she loved it and she said it answered some of her questions which then led to her opening up to us and telling us some of her concerns.  We finally committed her to read the Book of Mormon that night and she gladly said yes.  We went back the next day to teach her recent convert Hanai mom and she was so excited to tell us that she read that night!!  She'll get baptized for sure and she's definitely taking the right steps.  Today we helped clean the Kona temple.  That was pretty dang sweet!  We cleaned every room of the temple and it was cool to experience something like that. 

Well, yeah that’s about it for me this week.  You guys are lucky you get to go play some golf.  I know that all of you will be better than me, but as long as I get to be out there with you it’s good enough for me.  Well shoots, love you all so much. Have a great week.  Laterzz

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment