Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wow, All I Have to Say is Wow!


Wass up!?

First off, I have to say that mom is a freakin boss for helping with the deck.  I don’t think I’ve ever even done that stuff, and trust me I think I’ve gotten my fair share of yard work from raking to burning to mowing to tearing the fence down.  I’m very excited to see the new improvements on our home, seems to me like our house has been on the Extreme Makeover: Home edition.  I can’t believe that Easton is already going on his mission.  That’s super cool to hear.  Everyone else too, man I might just be coming home to a ghost town.  It is crazy to think that within these next couple of months everyone will be coming home also.  Crazy stuff!
Zone Leader Conference photo in front of the Kona Temple
I have to say that this week was supreme!  This is going to be a great transfer, no doubt, no doubt in my mind.  So Elder Melville is sick!  I love the guy so much.  I've always been tight with him throughout my whole mission because we came out together and now that we’re companions, we’re just going to tear things up and have a blast at the same time.  He is from Orem, Utah, and he is 6'6 and plays basketball.  He is going to play for Westminster when he goes home.  Sending Tup home wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, I’m not going to lie and say that I didn’t get a little trunky, because I did.  I mean come on it’s towards the end of my mission and seeing someone that gets to go home and see his family, who wouldn’t want that?  By the way Tup called me this morning.  He said that it’s pretty cool back home, but he misses Hawaii like a banshee.  Elder Melville is stoked to be here in Kona, and stoked to be out of the office.  He went into the office the same time that I got transferred to Honolulu.  AP's fly a lot, especially the travelers.  They travel sooo much.  President Dalton probably flies the most though.  Over his span of 3 years as president, he said that he has flown over 500 times.  Yeah, I know... So let me get on to the juicy stuff.  So I don’t even have words to explain how awesome this week was.  So remember Leah the one girl that I was talking about that her mom told us to come teach her?  Well she had kind of fallen off the radar until we saw her mom the other day and she told us to come over again.  Well we stopped by and Leah was home but the mom wasn’t so we said we would come back later.  Well the mom actually called us and told us to come over and give Leah a blessing because she had burns on her hands.  So we came gave her a blessing then gave the mom a blessing and taught Leah the plan of salvation and committed her to baptism for May 17th!!!!  She also came to church this past Sunday!  So Elder Melville and I were super stoked about that, and to make things even better, Monday we had Zone Leader Conference and after ZLC we came back and rushed over to our ward mission leaders house to teach the Ounyoung family.  We had a little FHE and talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and committed the family for baptism for May 11th!!!  They are super stoked to be baptized!!!  Not to mention that Lyn, the mom, used to be Catholic and Sam the dad used to be a Monk!  They want us to come over everyday and teach them until they are baptized.  I've wanted to baptize a family from the beginning of my mission and now here it is.  I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers for real!  So yeah, that is pretty much the good stuff that happened this week.  We are also going to commit someone tonight for baptism.  Talea Chartrand.  So, if we get her then we will have 6 with a date for May!  Heck yeah that’s what I’m talking about.  Well shoots, got to run, hope you have a great week!

Love you the most,
Elder Gardner
Not sure who this is, we did not receive a description.  Will let you know when we receive information...

No comments:

Post a Comment