Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, May 6, 2013

Colossus of Clout


Aloha!

Dang what a week!  Just like last week I don’t think that I have words to describe this week and how awesome it was!  Sounds like everyone is doing good at home which is great.  Very sad to hear about your friend Sam... I remember when one of my friends died when I was in Jr. High.  It was super weird and it made me have this sick feeling, but man, thank goodness that we have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  Without that I mean I don’t think that I could even think of what it would be like without that knowledge.  I can’t even believe that it is Mother’s Day in a couple of days!  I honestly kind of forgot and I thought it was in a couple of weeks but it’s already here.  It seems like yesterday that it was last Mother’s Day and I was sitting in Laie talking to you guys. 
Missionaries aren't typically known to be cool.  Just look at me, I must be an exception to that rule!
So this week was awesome!  In my last email I talked about Lia’s baptism date for the 17th, well that is still solid, and she has come to church two weeks in a row by herself now which is awesome for a 10 year old.  I’m really impressed with her because a lot of the kids that you baptize are just like yeah sure lets get baptized, but with her she really wants to know if this is right, and she really knows that baptism is a big step in her life.  She definitely knew more than me when I was her age.  We are going to meet with her twice this week to finish the lessons and make sure everything is set in stone.  The Ounyoungs are getting baptized this Saturday!  I love that family so much!  They are a family of 6.  Sam, Lyn, Alexis, Bell, Bri, and Marky.  Only 4 of them can get baptized because of the age, but Bri will get baptized in a year or so and Sam will be able to baptize her.  They are so ready for the gospel is unreal.  I’ve never met people who were so prepared in my life!  They are so nice they gave Elder Melville and I each a $100 gift card to their restaurant.  We are definitely going to eat there when we come back.  I'll be able to tell you how that goes this Sunday.  Also we picked up another with date this week also!  You remember me talking about the Chartrands?  Well we committed the daughter Talea to baptism on May 18th!  It was pretty cool because she is super shy and we tried talking to her about baptism and setting a date before but she wouldn’t talk back so this time we drew on a piece of paper all fancy "Will you be baptized May 18th?  Yes/No (circle one)" and gave it to her.  She immediately lit up and took the paper and circle "Yes" and then proceeded to color in all the words haha.  So as of right now Elder Melville and I have 6 people with a baptism date for May!  How crazy is that?!  Things are honestly going so good right now, probably the best I’ve seen my whole mission.  For example, we have so many appointments lined up for this week that we are literally having to squeeze people in just to meet with them and wer’e actually not sure what to do with our dinner appointments because we don’t even have time this week to fit them in.  It’s so awesome!  I hope it can stay like this because its times like these that sure do make the time fly by.  I know that once all our investigators that have a baptism date get baptized it might slow down just a little, but we’re still trying to find some more people to baptize before our missions are done.  I have to try and hit my goal by the end of my mission, and I’m almost there.  I’m so lucky to be able to serve in the tightest place on earth.  I can’t wait for you guys to come out here and see Hawaii its soooo bomb!  That’s pretty much my week for you - super busy just like dad’s surgeries and full of excitement!

Well hope that you all have a great week and I'll talk to you in a couple.  Shoots then!

Love you the most,
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment