Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Monday, July 15, 2013

Choke Steeze

Steeze

Wow, is it really Monday again?  For real?  I can’t believe it seriously.  I get little moments here and there that punch me in the face and say "Hey, you go home in three weeks!"  Other times it feels like I have a while left to go.  Honestly, it feels like I’ve been serving a mission my entire life haha.  I love it though and wouldn’t trade it for anything in this entire world.  Sounds like everyone's week was pretty dang solid.  Congrats on the baptism that’s super cool.  I bet everyone was pretty stoked!  How many is that for the Rainbow Lake Ward this year?  I’m excited to see the new changes to our home.  I feel like I won’t even be able to recognize the place when we pull into the driveway.  Super cool though!
P-Day at Spencer Beach Park
Major Swack!
This week was pretty bomb!  So real quick before I get into the meat I thought I would let you know that transfers are on Wednesday.  My very last transfer of my whole life!  So you know how I was saying that we would be in a threesome for the rest of my mission, well they changed that and they are making us a foursome!  They are adding another missionary to the crew.  So I will be ending my mission in a foursome.  I really have no idea what to think about this party; I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.  So this week turned out to be pretty successful.  I thought that it was super funny how both of your emails said how it would be cool to have a baptism on my last Saturday on my mission.  Well guess what?  We’re going to have a baptism on the last Saturday of my mission, August 3rd!!!! SWEET!  It was cool because the kid that has a baptism date is a unbaptized kid that we have been trying to get a hold of and baptize since I’ve been in Kona 6 months ago.  His name is Kekai Robbins and he is 10 years old.  He's wanted to be baptized for a long time, but there were some complications with the mom and all that stuff but finally we met with him, the mom and dad on Sunday after church and set a date for the 3rd.  I’m soooo stoked, there couldn’t be a better way to end it.  That’s the great news that I have for this week.  
Proxy hug at the Gasbars.  Since we can't hug on our missions haha.  This was our last Sunday dinner with the Gasbar family.
Filling up the font for Ke'ei's miracle baptism.
Our bishopric also wants us to speak our 2nd to last Sunday here and pretty much give a homecoming talk.  So I'll pretty much be giving 2 homecoming talks first in Kona second in Arizona haha.  
Yeah BYU I starts on the 16th.  Oh yeah, good news about that.  I got a scholarship through the mission.  It’s a 400-dollar scholarship!  I just called and asked sister Scott and she got it for me.  Pretty sweet huh?  Dad, were you able to take a look at those missing documents that BYU still needed?  Man, I soooo hope that I can go to Lake Powell with the Miles and with Brett.  That would be so fun!  Would all you guys not be able to come?  Well I know this email is short we gotta bounce and get to our dinner.  Love you all so much and I can’t wait to see all of you!  Have a great week.

Elder Gardner
Elder Dahl's last District Meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment