Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Da Popo

Quick story that I forgot to mention to you today in my email.  So, we were driving to Kohala to go on our hike and probably 10 miles outside of Kohala I get pulled over... I knew it right when I saw the police car flash its lights at me.  So I quickly pulled over and the cop comes up to me with his radar and shows me that I was going 53 in a 35... Hey, I really wanted to get to that hike ok... I just agreed and said that It was totally my fault.  I gave him all my information and stuff and he asked me what my occupation was.  I told him I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and he walked off back to his car.  All I was thinking in my mind was how much is this ticket gonna cost.  Keep in mind that we aren't in proselyting clothes because its p-day and we're going on a hike.  So after a couple of minutes he comes back and says "It's hard for me to cite people who are doing the Lords work, just slow it down and dont speed anymore".  WHEW!  That was a close call.  That kinda stuff only happens when your a missionary!  That was soooo lucky!  Yeah, that's my crazy story of the day.  

1 comment:

  1. That was really so so so lucky and you look you really enjoy it.

    God Bless!

    link for FCF FamilyCare

    ReplyDelete