Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Mission President


Sup…

So we had Mission Leader Conference yesterday and were in Oahu most of the day so that’s why I couldn’t email you yesterday.  Our new mission president is here, President Warner.  He is really awesome!  I honestly didn't know what to think getting a new mission president, but I’m really impressed with him.  So after MLC he was talking to me and kind of pulled me off to the side.  He told me that the Lord wants me to extend for another 3 months... So I’m going to have to cancel all my classes and contact BYUI to let them know what is going on....
Elder Melville, Elder Boudousquie and myself
Three of my companions and I came out with each one of them: Elder Carrel, Elder Mortensen and Elder Melville
PSYCH , just kidding!  July fools!  How crazy would that be if they called me to extend?  That doesn't really happen these days so you wont have to worry about me extending.  You guys are so lucky you are at Lake Powell!  I hope that catching wakes and getting some sun for me.  Lucky dogs!

This week was a pretty good week for us.  We are still trying to get another investigator with a date.  We have a couple that we are working with so we'll see what this week will hold for us.  We have some lessons lined up this week that should be pretty good.  We did find a new investigator this week.  His name is Darren.  We had dinner with the Belanio’s and they invited one of their friends.  It was perfect he was interested in learning more about the gospel, so we taught him a lesson and had dinner afterwards.  It was awesome!  That is one of the best, and non-threatening ways to invite someone to hear from the missionaries. It’s such a money approach.  Also, like I mentioned the new mission president and his wife came in.  President and sister Warner are the bomb!  I really didn’t know what to expect but now all I’m thinking is "dang I wish I could serve with them longer"  He is very different than President Dalton, but I know that he is meant to be here and that they are called of God.  Super cool.  As the weeks are winding down I continue to try and stay motivated and finish strong.  Not going to lie though, I’m pretty excited to come home and see everyone again.  It still seems like I have quite some time left but in reality its only 5 weeks.  Honestly, I’m kind of nervous I guess, I don’t really know what to expect.  Everything will be different.  It will be good.  
Kona Sunset...
Can you believe that its already the 4th of July?  I can remember exactly what I was doing last year on the 4th.  Any plans for the 4th?  How’s your new ward mission leader calling going dad?  Well that’s about it for me and this week.  Sorry I don’t have to much to say, but know that I’m doing just fine out here and I’m ok.  Love you the most!

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment