Elder Beau Gardner -
Hawaii Honolulu Mission, August 2011 - 2013

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Final Stretch


Aloha!
My final Mission Leader Conference (MLC)
We had Mission Leader Conference yesterday so I didn’t have a chance to email yesterday, and today was supposed to be our p-day but we were so busy we didn’t even have time really to email until now at 9 30 PM... Sounds like everyone’s week was pretty bomb!  I can’t believe that I only have one more email to go.  I honestly thought there was no way to make it this far!  I never thought this day would come.  So crazy.  I’m on the very last stretch.

This past week was pretty awesome.  It was my birthday on Wednesday that was pretty crazy!  It doesn’t even feel like I’m 21.  I had dinner at the Hooper’s so they took care of me for my birthday.  They made these Oreo cheesecake cupcake things that were super good and they made some hamburgers also.  Thanks for the package that was awesome!  We had a pretty awesome baptism on my birthday.  
Breakfast at the Kahanus'
Ke'ei ward had a baptism, but since the missionaries got white washed Elder Melville and I were the ones to baptize them.  It was a really good service. Good birthday present that’s for sure!  
Kaysha and Pearly's baptism.  I baptized Kaysha, the girl right next to me
On Saturday we took a trip over to Hilo because Ala and Troy invited me to their O.K. Farm’s 20th anniversary Luau.  I don’t know if you remember them but they are the ones I had that miracle blessing with when I was with Elder Limb.  I’ve kept in contact with them throughout my mission and I finally got to meet up with them again!  At the Luau they had some Tahitian dancers and the dancers came and picked all of us to come dance with them in front of everyone!  Imagine four missionaries shaking their booties in front of a huge crowd... haha it was nuts!  
Troy and Ala at the O.K. Farms Luau
On Sunday I spoke.  It was my "pre homecoming" talk.  It actually went very well.  I don’t know what my topic is for my actual homecoming talk but I plan on using the same one I used this past Sunday.  Do you know what my topic is?  

Everything is going great with me though.  I’m still holding on haha.  I’m very glad that we have that baptism on Saturday because that really is keeping me focused.  Sorry this email is so short its super late and I’m extremely tired.  We have breakfast with a family tomorrow and service in the morning also.  Love you all so much cant wait to see you next week!  

Elder Gardner
Mission Leader Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment